If you've been injured in a construction accident, knowing where to turn or what to do first can seem overwhelming. Making the right first moves and properly handling the details and follow up can be important issues when determining fault and bringing about a construction accident lawsuit.
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Lipkin & Apter have worked with a hundreds of clients throughout the state of Illinois and have put together this resource for those injured in construction accidents.
Post Construction Accident Checklist
- Seek medical attention, even if you believe the injury from your construction accident is minor, visit a medical professional immediately
- Contact your direct supervisor and file an injury report
- Report the construction accident to OSHA
- Document the location of the injury, and any equipment involved, details will be important in the long run, so be thorough with your details
- Make a record of all the witnesses to your construction accident, including their names and contact information
- Take pictures and gather any additional physical evidence of the injury
- Contact a personal injury attorney with experience in Illinois construction accident law
- Follow up with medical treatment and care as prescribed by your medical professional
If you have been involved in a construction accident, or sustained injury on the job, you may be entitled to compensation in the state of Illinois. Contact Lipkin & Apter to set up a free consultation and speak with our experienced attorneys about your injury and potential lawsuit.