Although medical errors are not common for doctors, they do occur. In these events, it's important to understand the types of errors that commonly occur when errors do take place at the hands of a medical provider. Below, the personal injury lawyers at Lipkin & Apter have collected a list of common doctoral errors that can be interpreted into medical malpractice:
- In medication medical malpractice lawsuits, individuals might have been given the wrong prescription dosage which affected their health. Another instance of medical malpractice is when medical equipment being used is malfunctioning and causes injury or death.
- Misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, and failure to diagnose are some of the most common causes for a medical malpractice lawsuit. In these cases, injury or death could have been spared if a more adequate medical provider would have been able to perform the same procedure without any errors.
- A medical provider’s negligence before, during, or after childbirth are some of the most unfortunate and hard to deal with cases that a personal injury attorney can handle. These types of lawsuits can occur due to injury to the mother or child during pregnancy, labor, or delivery at the hands of a medical provider’s negligence.
- Medical malpractice can occur during surgery when a surgeon fails to adequately operate during the surgery, or when nurses fail to administer proper care afterwards.
- In many cases, anesthesia medical malpractice can be some of the most dangerous cases that we handle. Errors in anesthesia, even if minimal, can have devastating effects on patients.
If you've been injured as the result of your medical provider's negligence, please don't hesitate to contact Lipkin & Apter' Chicago law firm. Our medical malpractice attorneys have many years of combined experience working with these types of cases, and will handle your case with diligence. We also offer a free consultation so that we can try to accurately understand your malpractice case and handle it in the most efficient way possible.